Domain & Web Hosting
What is Virtual Private Server?
Virtual Private Server (VPS) or Virtual Dedicated server (VDS), as it is called, is a hosting environment that provides you your own unique virtual server that appears to the user as a dedicated server but actually it is shared by other Web hosting customers. It is equivalent to the separate physical computer but is dedicated to a single customer. It has the security and privacy of a physical desktop computer but gets hosting services that are similar to that of dedicated Web hosting without sacrificing performance. Each VDS has its own disk space, bandwidth, CPU allocation, memory and operating system.
We, at Convergences, provide our customers with VPS hosting offering multiple features to suit their needs. Our clients from different business verticals trust us for our cost effective and timely services.
Benefits of Virtual Private Server
- Offers greater flexibility and control - add, remove and modify applications, programs and operating systems
- Affordable and cost effective
- Stable and offers consistent service
- Additional web applications can be used
- Can be independently rebooted
- Can have access to the root level of the hosting server
- Offers powerful features over the shared web hosting server
Who should go for Virtual Private Server
SMEs that need customized solutions but cannot afford Dedicated Servers, online businesses or E-commerce solutions can also go for Virtual Private Server.